The Office of Operations is managing an upgrade to the IAF’s image storage and cataloging system and requires assistance to complete particular tasks within an established timeframe. The Administrative Assistant-Photography will contribute in that capacity. The Inter-American Foundation (IAF) requires the short-term services of one (or more) administrative specialist(s) to assist the Office of Operations in the processing of photographs (digital and film), and other administrative tasks.
For work described below, the IAF will provide compensation to the Contractor at the rate of $15/hour, for not more than 233 hours. In no case shall more than $3,500.00 be provided under this agreement. The period of performance will be estimated from March 1, 2017 –December 31, 2017.
Specific duties will include:
- Review, assess and eliminate defective and/or duplicative photos/images
- Review and organize the physical film and print photo files for scanning and cataloging.
- Create a text file to compile a list of possible “tags” based on major features of groups of photos/images
- Research and/or organize individual prints, slides and negatives under established cataloging system.
- Work within AOdocs to enter tags (metadata) for stored images.
- Experience with photography processing applications/platforms: eg. Adobe Photoshop Elements, Lightroom. Dropbox, AOdocs, Windows Photo Viewer, Googledocs
- Familiarity with image file types
- Intermediate reading and speaking Spanish ability
- Experience with Microsoft Office software – Excel, Word, etc.
- Ability to perform database entry
If interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume to Kara Rogers at email@example.com by February 28, 2017.