This position is part of the, Inter-American Foundation. The incumbent serves as the Deputy to the Managing Director for Grantmaking and Portfolio Management, and participates in the oversight and management of the grants administration process for all countries and periodic portfolio management reviews.
As a Supervisory Social Science Analyst typical work assignments include:
- Assists in the management and oversight of the grants administration process for all countries and participates on portfolio management reviews.
- Supervises professional and support staff.
- Oversees and contributes to the management of program priorities and strategies for grant making activities.
- Participates in the management of a grants portfolio that fosters the social and economic improvement of poor communities in Latin America and the Caribbean, and advances the Foundation's mission as a resource for those interested in grassroots development.
- Meets with high-level U.S. government and embassy representatives as well as with prospective and approved grantees, sometimes in extremely isolated areas.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by background investigation.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Selective Service registration required for male applicants, unless exempt.