Supervisory Congressional and Public Affairs Specialist (Bilingual)
This position serves as the Managing Director of External and Governmental Affairs and is responsible for planning, directing, and executing the IAF's public affairs activities, congressional, and intergovernmental outreach, as well as internal and external communications and donor engagement functions.
- Working with Congressional members and staff to provide information about and advance the agency's interests affected by the legislative process.
- Collaborates with IAF's President and the agency's management team to define and implement a strategic communications agenda that enables the agency to disseminate its grassroots development programs in order to increase awareness, understanding and relevance of the IAF with key audiences, and to facilitate partnerships and fundraising.
- Coordinates all public affairs activities, to include pre-publication reviews, speaking engagements, and responses to media inquiries. Oversees the design, development and dissemination of information to stakeholders using the full range of media and communication methods.
- Develops strategy for and oversees the design and production of the IAF's publications and outreach programs, makes recommendations and changes on all editorial content and format for all printed publications, including the Annual Report, the Grassroots Development Journal, Congressional Budget Justification (CBJ) Office of Management and Budget (OMB) submissions, newsletters, news releases, brochures, as well as content and format for the IAF Web site and other digital media, ensuring communication themes are reflective of IAF's mission and objectives.
- Plans, develops, and facilitates IAF leadership and Board public appearances and responses. Appearances or responses may involve the media, the community, policy groups, concerned constituencies, and the Executive Branch.
- Oversees relations with the media and broader public; promoting public understanding of the impact of the agency's programs. Establishes and maintains cooperative working relations with writers, reporters, and editors in order to generate coverage of IAF programs and activities.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Suitable for Federal employment at the top secret level.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Selective Service registration required for male applicants, unless exempt.